Last modified: September 11, 2020
We would like to inform you in detail which of your personal data we process, for which purposes they are processed, with whom they are shared and which rights of control and information you may be entitled to. We therefore recommend that you read the data protection declaration carefully.
Responsibility and contact
Responsible for the Jelbi website is Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe AöR, Holzmarktstraße 15-17, 10179 Berlin (hereinafter referred to as “BVG” or “we” or “our” or “us”).
If you have any questions about this data protection declaration or about the processing of your personal data, you are welcome to contact our data protection officer by e-mail. You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, suggestions and/or criticism regarding our services, please contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of our processing activities
- In the case of informational use of the website, we process technical data that enables you to call up the website. The basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR. With the help of the data we can also guarantee the stability and security of our website, for which the basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (see under A.I).
- You have the possibility to subscribe to our newsletter with interesting information and offers on our products and services. The basis for such processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR (see under A.II).
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (Art. 4 No. 1 EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (“GDPR”)). This includes information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address or telephone number. Information that is not directly related to your identity, such as the number of users of an Internet site, does not fall under this category.
Processing is any operation or set of operations, performed with or without the aid of automated procedures, relating to personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, organisation, filing, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, deletion or destruction.
Mobility providers are hereinafter referred to as companies that make their services available to customers via the Jelbi-App or on the Jelbi website. These services (hereinafter: “mobility services“) are transport services of public and private transport companies, which create transport routes according to the customer’s specifications, provide a means of transport (e.g. car, motor or electric scooter, bicycle) and handle payment.
I. Processing of your data for informational use of our website
When you visit our website, we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data transmitted by your browser to enable you to visit the website. This includes information on the browser and operating system you use, the website from which you visit us, the date and time of your request and your IP address. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. The data processing is necessary to make our website available to you. Furthermore, we have a legitimate interest in ensuring the stability and security of the website.
This data is stored by us for a period of 7 days.
On our website you can subscribe to our newsletter. If you subscribe to our newsletter, which informs you about our latest products and services, the personal data you provide in this context (such as name, address and e-mail address) will be processed by us for the purpose of sending the newsletter.
For registration we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure. After your registration on our website, you will receive an e-mail with a link that you can use to confirm that you are the owner of the e-mail address and that you wish to create a user account on our website. If your confirmation is not received within 24 hours, your registration and the personal data provided by you will be automatically deleted. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data in connection with the newsletter registration is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
Right of revocation: You can revoke your consent to receive such newsletters at any time in the future without giving reasons by unsubscribing via the unsubscribe link at the end of each newsletter or by contacting us in any other way. We store your personal data for as long as you have subscribed to our newsletter. Legal storage obligations and exceptions remain unaffected.
If you have purchased goods or services from us, we may send you information for our own similar goods or services to your electronic mail address, which we received when the goods or services were sold, even without your consent, as long as you have not objected to such a sending of information. You can object to the sending of information at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs. The objection must be sent to email@example.com.
III. Integrated third-party services
We integrate the services of third-party providers for some of the features on our website. In the following, we distinguish between functional services and analysis services.
When using the website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and through which certain information flows to the party that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are used to make the internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
You can delete cookies yourself at any time by using the function provided for this purpose in your browser. You can also find out below how to prevent the installation of individual cookies.
1. Functional Cookies
1.1. Consent manager
1.1.1 Purpose and scope of data processing
Settings you make can be changed later here. The purpose of integrating this service is to allow users of our website to decide whether to allow the use of non-functional cookies and to give them the option to adjust any settings they have made during further use of our website.
The consent manager stores your data for as long as your user settings are active. You will be prompted to provide your consent again if there are changes to the relevant cookies or other applications to which you have consented and which may result in changes to the processing of your data, or at the latest one year from the last time your user settings were processed. Your user settings will then be stored again for this period of time.
1.1.3 Collected data
The following categories of data are routinely collected:
- IP address
- Time and duration of visit
- Device data, e.g. operating system, browser version, screen resolution
- Pages visited
- Consent information
1.1.4 Contract processor as set out in Article 28 of the GDPR
1.1.5 Relationship between BVG and the data processor
The consent manager is used in connection with a processing contract as set out in Article 28 of the GDPR, under which Jaohawi AB may only use your data in accordance with our instructions.
1.1.6 Legal basis for data processing, purpose of data processing
Legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR): ensuring that non-functional cookies are only used if consent has been granted.
1.1.7 Duration of data processing
All data is stored for as long as is necessary to fulfil the stated purpose and then erased, provided there is no legal obligation to store it for a longer period.
1.2 Google Fonts
2. Map services
2.1 Google Maps
We use the map service Google Maps via an API. The provider is Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). The use of Google Maps enables a quick and accurate location determination of the user to provide you with offers for mobility services at your location and for the route you requested. To use the functions of Google Maps, it is necessary to pass on your IP address. This information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. We have no influence on this data transfer.
IV. Your data protection rights
Depending on the circumstances in your specific case, you have the right
- to obtain access to the personal data processed by us and/or request copies of these data. This includes information concerning the purpose of usage, the category of data used, their recipients and authorised users, and, where possible, the planned period for which the data will be stored or, if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- to request the rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing of your personal data, provided that its use is impermissible under data protection law, in particular because (i) the data is incomplete or incorrect, (ii) the data is no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected, (iii) the consent on which processing is based was withdrawn, or (iv) you have made use of your right to object to processing of your personal data; in cases in which the data is processed by third parties, we will forward your request for rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing to these third parties, unless this proves to be impossible or would involve disproportionate effort;
- to refuse consent or – without affecting the lawfulness of data processing carried out prior to withdrawal – to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- to request the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from us; you also have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller, where technically feasible;
- to take legal action or appeal to the data protection supervisory authorities, if you are of the opinion that your rights have been infringed due to processing of your personal data that is not in compliance with data protection regulations.
You also have the right to object to processing of your personal data at any time:
- where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- where we process your personal data in pursuance of our legitimate interests and on grounds relating to your particular situation
To exercise your rights, you can always send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. Revocation of consent
If the data processing is based on your consent, this consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. Revocations of the granted consent can be sent by mail to Jelbi (Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) AöR / Holzmarktstraße 15-17 / 10179 Berlin) or by e-mail to email@example.com. You will not incur any costs for the revocation, except the costs incurred for transmission. Your revocation does not affect the legality of the data processing that took place on the basis of your consent until the revocation. Similarly, any further lawful processing of this data on the basis of a different legal basis remains unaffected.