FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
General information on Jelbi.
1. What is Jelbi?
Jelbi is a project run by the BVG in association with a number of partners. We offer, develop, and link up ways to get around in Berlin.
Jelbi takes mobility beyond traditional public transport,
for the first time bundling together public transport and shared services. All of them are conveniently linked up in a single app. From journey planning information to booking and payment. All in the Jelbi app.
Jelbi stations are the analogue twins of the digital app. They make it possible to flexibly book, use, and combine locally available services in the Jelbi app.
2. Who are Jelbi’s mobility partners?
Jelbi is growing – what you can do with it is steadily increasing. Right now, the following partners can be booked in the Jelbi app:
- public transport – VBB tickets for Berlin fare zones A, B, and C
- car sharing – MILES
- bike sharing – nextbike
- electric scooter sharing – emmy
- electric kick scooter sharing – TIER
- ride sharing – BerlKönig
- many more providers
These partners are available at Jelbi stations but cannot yet be booked in the app:
- Car Sharing – mobileee and DB Flinkster
Getting started and sign-up.
3. How do I get the Jelbi app?
4. How do I create a user account?
Log in with your BVG account:
Already have an account for the BVG Tickets app or the Fahrinfo app? Then you can simply sign in with the same email address and password you use for them.
Sign up as a new user – enter your email address and choose a password. The BVG will then send you an email. Please click on the link in it and enter further required information in the app:
- your personal information.
- your mobile number; a text message with a 4-digit code will be sent to verify this number.
- payment method (credit card, SEPA direct debit, or PayPal)
- if you have a driving licence – verify your driving licence and ID card. This may take a few minutes – it’s best to do it before your first car or scooter ride.
And that’s it, your Jelbi account is now active. So let’s move on to the next question …
5. How do I sign up for the different services?
Click on the menu at top-left, then on your profile. Now you’ll see all our mobility partner services currently available in Jelbi.
Simply click on “Connect” to use your chosen partner.
You don’t need to connect with all partners – just the ones you actually want to use in Jelbi.
You cannot connect to partners that require a driving licence (car and scooter sharing) until you’ve verified your licence and ID card in the app.
6. Can I use my BVG account (Tickets/Fahrinfo apps) to log in?
Yes. Just enter the email address and password you use for the Tickets and Fahrinfo apps to activate your Jelbi account.
7. Can I log in with my BerlKönig account?
No, unfortunately that’s not possible.
8. I already have an account with MILES/nextbike/emmy/TIER. Can I use it to log in?
No. You need a new Jelbi account to use Jelbi.
But don’t worry – if, say, you already have a nextbike account, you can still use Jelbi. Simply create a Jelbi account and use nextbike from within it. You can, of course, still use the nextbike app if you want to.
9. How do I reset my password?
Forgotten your password? No problem. Just click on “Forgot password?” underneath the boxes for your email address and password, enter your email address, and the BVG’s system will send you an email containing a link. Click on the link to choose a new password.
(This new password is then also valid for the Tickets and Fahrinfo apps.)
10. How old do I need to be to use Jelbi?
Jelbi users must be aged 18 or above.
11. I have some questions about verifying my driving license and ID card.
Click HERE for tips on the verification process from our ID verification provider Veriff.
Please note: Jelbi currently only accepts EU documents. If you have a driver’s license or ID from an EU country, you can verify it in Jelbi and use our car and scooter sharing services. Driver’s licenses from non-EU countries are currently not being accepted.
12. Can “old-style” driving licences be verified?
Yes, paper driving licences are also verified. Sometimes it’s a bit harder to get a good photo for the verification process. But if it doesn’t work, just try again.
All EU driving licences can be verified and used with Jelbi.
13. How do I make a booking in Jelbi?
There are two ways of doing this from the home screen:
Enter your destination in the “Where to?” box to see the best routes with prices, travel times, and available services. Then simply choose your preferred option and confirm your selection with a click.
Choose your preferred mode of transport by clicking on one of the home screen icons.
The app guides you through the booking process step by step, providing you with everything you need, e.g. a PIN to unlock a bicycle.
14. Which public transport tickets can I buy with Jelbi, and where can I find them?
Jelbi can be used to purchase almost all the tickets available in the BVG Tickets app. The only exceptions: student monthly tickets, monthly tickets for fare zone C, and the Berlin Ticket S are not yet available in Jelbi.
On the home screen, click on the yellow “BVG tickets” icon to purchase your selected tickets.
15. How do I complete a booking, and what happens next?
The app guides you through the process, providing all the information you need to complete your journey. Simply follow the instructions in the app.
If you have any problems, please contact the partner with whom you booked in Jelbi.
Once you’ve completed your journey, you can view all journeys with all details on dates, prices, and services used by going to “My trips” in the menu.
You’ll receive an email from Jelbi confirming that the journey has been completed. The price and date of your journey are also displayed.
16. How can I cancel a booking?
You can’t cancel bookings with our partners emmy, MILES, TIER, and nextbike – but you can simply end them whenever you like.
If you want to cancel or have a problem with a journey, please contact the partner with whom you booked the journey.
BerlKönig and taxi rides can be cancelled in the app. Any cancellation fees that apply will be shown in the app.
17. I have a BVG ticket (e.g. monthly ticket) in the BVG Tickets app. Is that ticket automatically available in Jelbi, too?
No, unfortunately that doesn’t work yet. At present, tickets are only available in the apps in which you bought them.
PS: But we’re listening to your feedback and working on a solution.
18. I have a package/monthly subscription for nextbike or MILES. Can I use it in Jelbi?
Not yet, unfortunately. The package or subscription can only be used in the app in which you bought it.
19. Are my nextbike/MILES/emmy/TIER journeys booked in Jelbi also shown in the nextbike/MILES/emmy/TIER apps? And vice versa?
No. Each app shows you only what you bought in that app.
20. Do I need to update the app?
Definitely. Jelbi is steadily growing, and we’re working flat out to improve the app. So to make sure you always have the latest version with all updates and new mobility partners, check often to see if you’ve installed the latest Jelbi.
And please feel free to send us your feedback and suggestions for new features at any time.
21. How do I pay? Is payment secure?
Right now you can pay by credit card, SEPA direct debit, or PayPal in Jelbi. You enter your payment information just once; this information is stored and used for all future payments. Our payment service provider Logpay is responsible for handling all payments.
22. Do I need to enter payment information for every booking?
No, you save your payment information once and can then use all the services available in the Jelbi app.
23. Will I receive an invoice?
Yes, you can download an invoice for every journey to your phone. Go to “My trips” in the menu to see details of all trips and download your invoice.
Note: nextbike issues monthly invoices only. You can download last month’s invoice at the start of the next month. In other words, an April invoice is available in early May.
24. Are there any bonuses for BVG subscription ticket holders?
At the time of Jelbi’s launch, not yet. We’ll let you know as soon as this changes.
Customer service and complaints.
25. I have questions about my trip/my booking. Whom can I ask?
Please contact the partner with whom you booked the trip/ticket. You can call the provider from within the app. If you want to book a vehicle, you can click on “Call nextbike/emmy/MILES/TIER support”.
For more general questions on Jelbi, please contact email@example.com.
26. Who can I contact about invoice issues or complaints?
Please contact the provider with whom you booked the trip.
If you booked with emmy, say, you need to contact emmy.
If you have questions about BVG tickets, you can get in touch with BVG ticket support – firstname.lastname@example.org.
27. I have a question not listed here. Whom can I contact?
We want Jelbi to meet your needs, so we’re always happy to receive your feedback, suggestions, and criticism. Please write to us at email@example.com. We look forward to your message.
28. What happens to my personal data?
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat the personal data you provide when using the Jelbi app and our services confidentially and in accordance with statutory data protection regulations. We would like to give you detailed information about what personal data we process, for what purposes we process it, whom we share it with, and what control and information rights you may have.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
29. Will all of the mobility partners in Jelbi receive my data?
No. Only those partners you actively connect to in your personal profile and whose T&Cs and privacy policies you agree to will receive the data they need in order to provide you with your journey. You decide which providers you want to activate in Jelbi. Only they will receive the data they need on you.
30. How can I delete my Jelbi account?
You can delete your Jelbi account at any time.
Please tell us you want to delete your Jelbi account by writing an email to email@example.com.
31. MILES – new drivers
MILES considers you to be a new driver if you’ve held a driving licence for less than 12 months.
As a new driver (“rookie”), you pay €9 a month, but only in the months when you actually used MILES – even on those trips booked through Jelbi.
More information is available from MILES: https://miles-mobility.com/en/faq/